Saturday, April 09, 2005

Contemplating actions.

Just when I thought things were finally taking a turn for the good, something had to go wrong. A week ago, I was happy. I had found a good job lined up for me straight out of college, I got accepted to the University of Pennsylvania - which I never thought I'd make it to - and for the one time in the last four years I actually felt relieved because the fog of uncertainity had finally started clearing up. It's not like I have a million friends all over the world, so I try and hold on to the ones I make. Consequently, the possibility of even losing one of them scares the hell out of me. It's like this - in a world so dynamic and transitional such as the 21st century (personally, I think) it would be nice to take some things for granted. For example, a functional/close to being functional family, good mental/physical health, constant source of income, food, clothing, shelter, a member of the opposite/same sex (whatever floats ur boat) to share your romantic interests with, and most importantly a group of peers to make memories with. And success of a human being as such can be easily assesed depending on how close he/she is to the aforementioned stability. By the same token, till about a week ago, my life was pretty close to being perfect. I have a functional family (and by functional I mean overprotective and paranoid parents), my weight( if that is really any indication of health) hasn't changed an ounce since 10th grade, I eat whatever i want, I wear whatever i can afford, my studio apartment is quite comfortable, spring made sure of romace in the air, and four years of college memories with my buddies had culminated into one quintessential video - Spaswatch (created and edited by David). Thats when it happened. A disastrous - yet not catastrophic - series of events brought on by my laziness and apathy; which hopefully I'll be able to fix by the end of the semester. Today I'm sitting here doing last week's logic homework that was due this Tuesday, my senior presentation sucked quite bad, I'm caught in the middle of a power struggle between two of my closest friends from high school, there is a very good chance that I failed my history test, I am not so confident that our senior project can be completed within the time left, and if I don't get back on track my G.P.A is going to end up taking an unsustainable blow. For once, I'd like to finish strong and do something unlike me - NOT SLACK !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Little_Fury said...

Sabrina's my baby girl .. treat her well .... Amanda :P

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home