Friday, May 20, 2005

Sweet Home St.Louis

Well, I'm back baby ! Been back home for about two days. Life is great. I don't start work till about another two weeks; so I'm just kickin back and enjoying life for the most part. Last night I went out with a friend from school who's taking some summer classes in the city. It was a lot of fun. We hung out on Delmar Street all evening - my favorite. She was very hesitant to show me where she lived because she hadn't finished unpacking and is still settling in. Nevertheless, an amazing place right in the heart of the city and its got this NYC village feel. And when we actually went up it was nowhere as bad as she had said it was. Anyway, we watched a movie - Kung Fu hustle - by the end of which we both had cramps. The movie is absolutely hilarious and I would recommend it to everybody without even skipping a beat. So we are about to walk out of the theater (it's about quarter to 12) and it's literally pouring out. We joined all the other sane people who were waiting patiently for the rain to stop right outside the theater. And within about 20secs my friend says lets just walk in the rain, "it'll be fun." I don't know how I let her talk me into it but we started walking in the rain to our cars; which btw was parked about three blocks from the theater. In about 2 mins we were soaking and laughing at each other. At the end of every sidewalk - where you wait to cross when the sign says WALK ! - there was a little stream of flith gushing at full speed and we had no option but to step in it; since it was too wide to cross with a jump. On one such intersection my friend decides that she weighs almost nothing, she's a cross country runner, heck of an athelete - hey why not jump ? Well, everything would've worked out fine in theory IF she wasn't wearing heels. Before I could object, she was in the air and within the very next moment her butt was on the road. Of course, I helped her up immidiately and making sure that she was ok.. we both started laughing so hard. Everyone looking (which weren't many since people were mostly concentrating on getting home in the middle of this apocalypse) must've totally thought that we were drunk. But I think what is cool is the fact that it didn't matter at the time. Both of us felt free and not in the least uncomfortable - not with each other nor with the people watching. It was quite a refreshing experience. By the time we got to our cars and started saying our goodbyes we were hopelessly drenched. She only had to drive two blocks and I drove on the highway for about 20mins to get home. I came home threw my clothes in the dryer, changed, and went to bed laughing at the silliness of my friend and myself. I think I'll cherish this night for a while :-p

1 Comments:

Blogger Little_Fury said...

hey... sorry i haven't read this until now.. sounds like great fun... i wish something like that would happen to me... being able to just explore something different outta the ordinary, like that.

I noticed you haven't written since this one, keep blogging. I'll keep up with yaz. (I haven't been keeping up with mine :P ... yer not the only one slacking... we're slackers) :D

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home